- Duke Sociology is ranked #15 in Top Sociology Graduate Programs in the U.S
- 53% of our tenured faculty have been recognized for excellence in teaching and research
- 5 of our faculty have been named Distinguished Professors
- 3 of our faculty have been named Bass Fellows
- We are smaller than many of our peer institutions with 18 tenure-track faculty, yet more successful in terms of research productivity and graduate student placement.
- We offer a minor in Medical Sociology that attracts undergraduates on the Premedical track and a Certificate in Markets & Managements Studies that is a signature Duke program that other universities have attempted to replicate for their undergraduate Business concentrations.