Jenifer Hamil Luker
Assistant Professor of the Practice in the Department of Sociology
- Box 90088, Durham, NC 27708-0088
272 Soc/psych Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
- Phone: (919) 660-5729
Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2003
- O'rand, AM, & Hamil-Luker, J. (2011, December 1). Late employment careers, transitions to retirement, and retirement income in the united states. 283-307. (Chapter)
- O'Rand, AM, Hamil-Luker, J, & Elman, C. (2009, September). Childhood adversity, educational trajectories, and self-reported health in later life among US women and men at the turn of the century. ZEITSCHRIFT FUR ERZIEHUNGSWISSENSCHAFT, 12 (3), 409-436.
- Hamil-Luker, J, & O'Rand, AM. (2007, February). Gender differences in the link between childhood socioeconomic conditions and heart attack risk in adulthood. Demography, 44 (1), 137-158.
- Hamil-Luker, J. (2005, December 1). Women's wages: Cohort differences in returns to education and training over time. Social Science Quarterly, 86 (SPEC. ISS.), 1261-1278. (Review)
- Hamil-Luker, J. (2005, December). Trajectories of public assistance receipt among female high school dropouts. POPULATION RESEARCH AND POLICY REVIEW, 24 (6), 673-694.
- O'Rand, AM, & Hamil-Luker, J. (2005, October). Processes of cumulative adversity: childhood disadvantage and increased risk of heart attack across the life course. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci, 60 Spec No 2, 117-124.
- Hamil-Luker, J. (2005). Trajectories of Public Assistance Receipt among Female High School Dropouts. Population Research and Policy Review, 24 (6), 673-694.
- Hamil-Luker, J, Land, KC, & Blau, J. (2004, June). Diverse trajectories of cocaine use through early adulthood among rebellious and socially conforming youth. SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH, 33 (2), 300-321.
- Hamil-Luker, J, & Uhlenberg, P. (2002, November). Later life education in the 1990s: increasing involvement and continuing disparity. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci, 57 (6), S324-S331.
- Hamil-Luker, J. (2001, September). The prospects of age war: Inequality between (and within) age groups. SOCIAL SCIENCE RESEARCH, 30 (3), 386-400.
- Hamil-Luker, J, & Smith, C. (1998). Religious authority and public opinion on the right to die. SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION, 59 (4), 373-391.
- Childhood Exposures and Adulthood Cardiovascular Disease 2006 - 2007